Camera Light Meter Course
This course will give you an understanding on how your camera operates so that you have better control over it. Specifically, we will look at your camera's light meter and how it works to set your exposure.
Each of these photography lessons will guide you step-by-step, with clear, simple and concise explanations along with example diagrams and photos.
Here's what you will learn in the Camera Light Meter Course:
- What your camera's light meter is and how it works.
- What your camera's meter or exposure scale is and how it works.
- The difference between reflected vs. incident light.
- What middle gray or 18% gray is and why you need to understand it.
- How your light meter "reads" a scene.
- How your light meter determines an exposure setting.
- The differences between evaluative, average, center-weighted, partial and spot metering.
- When to use each metering mode.
Are you ready to begin learning the photography basics?
You will find the course navigation at the bottom and top of each lesson which will allow you to jump through any section of the course. The course lessons have been arranged in a sequence to make your learning as smooth as possible.
Feel free to leave your questions and comments at the end of each lesson, if you need further clarification on any points. I'm here to help you.